- Common household chemicals can cause skin irritation, respiratory problems, infertility, allergies, birth defects, cancer and psychological disorders. Shop for products labeled natural, non-toxic, chemical-free, green certified and/or organic.
- You breathe in 10 to 20 thousand liters of air every day, inhaling all sorts of minuscule things - fortunately there are many indoor plants that can remove chemical vapors and toxic fumes from the air (find out which to buy in the article!)
- Most tap water contains chlorine and/or fluoride, which can have harmful effects on brain cells, bones, organs and skin. Invest in a high quality filtration system (tips for finding the right one are in the article)
- Many personal care products (yes, even the vegan brands) are loaded with harmful components. Purchase organic and truly natural products with short ingredient lists.
- You spend roughly one third of your life in bed yet people rarely think about how it affects their health.
- Plus, advice on non-toxic kitchen ware, bathroom stuff, bedroom essentials and personal care necessities.
Would love to hear your thoughts once you've read the article - what did you learn and how have you implemented it in your life? Have any further questions about toxic-free living?