Your support can help make more happen on Eco-Vegan Gal, faster and more frequently!
Eco-Vegan Gal has been almost entirely self-funded since its launch in 2008, save a little bit of ad revenue and free samples/experiences. It's a lot of work to run this site, which involves creating video content almost everyday, occasional written posts, constant social media updates, email correspondence with viewers and companies, visiting and speaking at events, etc. It's easy to get burnt out while balancing all of this in addition to working several part-time jobs to supplement my income and finding time for my personal life, which is why there are periods of time that I cannot create new content or take a while to complete projects. Your support will ensure that more content is created without delay and that Eco-Vegan Gal keeps getting better and better!
How To Show Your Support
1. Visit the site often and click around. Traffic shows me that you enjoy the content and shows the public that lots of people are paying attention, which helps grow the brand.
2. Follow Eco-Vegan Gal on the social media sites (see icons at the bottom left of the website). This matters for the same reason as your traffic to the site does.
3. Share your favorite posts from the site and social media accounts to help spread the word to others who may benefit from seeing it too. It's especially helpful to share links on bookmarking sites like Digg, Reddit and StumbleUpon.
4. Leave comments on website posts and on YouTube videos so I know that you care and you're paying attention! Plus, your feedback helps me create new and improved content.
5. If you see an advertisement or item on the EvG Amazon Store that interests you, click on it. If you like what you see, buy it! When you click on ads and/or make purchases, I receive a (very small) percentage. All the pennies add up!
6. Buy an Eco-Vegan Gal or Guy shirt. The shirts serve 3 purposes: gives viewers an opportunity to express their eco-veganism, promotes the website, brings in a little bit of money. I don't make much of a profit off the shirts because that's not the point, but every bit helps.
7. Leave a monetary tip. If you like the content, this is one of the most direct and most helpful ways to show support. Any amount and frequency of contributions makes a difference: send $ one time, once a month, or for each article or video you love. Plus there are perks (see below) - it's like an ongoing Kickstarter campaign!
Where Do Tips Go?
It's basically seed money to help Eco-Vegan Gal grow in ways such as:
- Additional site features (I've got a lot of ideas up my sleeve) and improvements like fun design elements.
- Yearly web hosting and domain name costs, and various site costs
- Hiring new team members to create and edit content or assist with backend
- Equipment purchases like computer and camera upgrades that will help me create better content at a faster pace
- Help free up more of my time so I can create more content. Instead of doing freelance writing and videos for other sites, your donations will sponsor posts on this site (where they belong!)
- Tip $10 or more and you'll be thanked in the weekly Eco-Vegan Gal newsletter with a link to your website and/or social media accounts
Tip $25 or more and you'll receive newsletter thank you plus some fun EvG swag* like samples, books, clothing & accessories, coupons and more! (* US only - international shipping is very expensive!)
Tip $50 or more and you'll receive a free EvG shirt, plus a newsletter thank you
Tip $100 and you'll receive a free ad on the site and a newsletter thank you
Tip $125 or more and you'll receive a free ad plus an EvG shirt and a newsletter thank you
Tip $250 and we'll talk about extra special VIP perks!
How To Leave A Tip
Click the 'Donate' button below here or on the link next to any post, and you can leave a tip using PayPal with your preferred credit card, debit card, e-check or your Paypal account to leave a secure tip. You will be asked to enter the amount of the tip you would like to leave, then click on the “update total” button to complete your transaction.