I credit my best friend Sarah as inspiring me to be the eco-vegan gal that I am today. I first learned about organic food from her, she encouraged me to reduce the amount of packaging I consumed, and most recently taught me about the advantages of eating gluten-free. When Sarah invited me over for a farewell breakfast before I returned to L.A., I knew a delicious and healthy treat was in store. She made the best gluten-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free vegan french toast I've ever had, with mostly organic ingredients.
Please enjoy this amazing recipe:
- almond milk
- soy-free Earth Balance (or non-dairy butter of choice)
- Food For Life Brown Rice bread (frozen)
- maple syrup
- Heat frying pan over medium heat with a small amount of non-dairy butter (enough to coat the pan in a thin layer). Use a cast iron if possible, or stainless steel.
- Add milk and spices to a bowl according to taste, then mix well together.
- Soak bread in batter for a few minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low, then fry in pan until desired temperature and texture (crispy, yet moist) They may stick to the pan, so use a good/strong spatula if necessary.
- Serve with maple syrup and non-dairy butter, and enjoy! Goes great with some organic tea too. : )