I just returned from a wonderful day at WorldFest. It was similar to last year, but my personal experience was quite difference. Going there on a gluten-free and soy-free diet definitely restricted my food options, but I felt great the entire day and had some fabulous food.
- Rawsheed had an awesome combo plate with his new pizza, a salad, and soup. He is opening a new cafe soon, which will be entirely gluten-free and oil-free!
- Luscious Organic Desserts had a special gluten-free and soy-free peanut butter cupcake,
which was delicious. I also "cheated" and tried their new peanut butter crisp bar, which had a little gluten and soy; and their new chocolate covered cookie dough, which had a good amount of gluten and soy. Besides experiencing a sugar high (haven't been eating much of that either), I felt fine after consuming them (slightly bloated), and it was well worth experiencing the new treats! I totally spaced on taking photos, so until the video is up, check out QuarryGirl's.
- I didn't try any of C'est La V's treats this year, but I was happy to see that they have gluten-free mini double chocolate cookies.
Not to toot my own horn, but multiple people complimented me on how I looked, and I think it's from cutting out gluten and soy. I have trimmed down a little and have so much energy - I just feel great!
I brought Evie, my eco-vegan companion with me, and she had a blast. There were a ton of dogs there and even a gated section called BarkFest where you could let them off leash. Water bowls were scattered around the festival, and there were several shaded areas for people to take a moment out of the warm sun.
Speaking of sun, this year was cooler than last year and there was a soothing breeze. Though, I was very comfortable in my summer dress and I'm glad I put on a good helping of sunscreen!
This year I didn't do as much video footage because I still have some to edit from last year. However, I made a little montage - see below. I was happy to have more flexibility and enjoyed taking my time to walk around, check out the booths, and run into friends. Here are some things you'll see in it:
- Follow Your Heart's super cool bike-powered smoothies!
- Healthy food booths by The Blissful Chef and HLife
- The vegan dog booth with V-Dog and Dr. Armaiti May
- Beautiful recycled jewelry from Chime Designs, which you may remember from my Uniquie LA Holiday Show coverage
- My eco and vegan friends Heather Lounsbury, Chef Tigre, Justin Valis, and Emily Penn
- Pet adoptions
- Cute children and farm animals
WorldFest is an amazing event because it brings together so many incredible people. Whether you're a vegan, a vegetarian, an environmentalist, or none of the above, you'll get something out of it. If you're new to the healthy and sustainable lifestyle you'll learn a great deal from the event, and even a seasoned eco-vegan will discover new gems of knowledge.
Did you attend WorldFest? If so, comment below and tell me what your favorite part was.