Curious about giving veganism a try? Ever wondered, "Why Vegan?" or "How To Be A Vegan?" Looking for some tips and tricks? You've come to the right place! These posts cover all the basics, offering up vital information on the plant-based diet.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
April 2011 was intense as far as vegan controversy goes:
- April 1st was the day most people found out about the CEO of Go Daddy killing elephants
- On April 11th the press announced that Natalie Portman stopped being vegan during her pregnancy
- April 14th was the day vegans expressed outrage over VegNews' use of animal products in their vegan magazine and website
- On other days I read articles disapproving of Kathy Freston and Tal Ronnen, and on Twitter I was asked to explain why I support Jamie Oliver when he uses meat and dairy on his show
- And just a few days before the month started I had some heavy conversations about vegans being offensive to non-vegans