My vegan vet (whom I'll introduce you to via video interview ASAP) said that it's healthy if prepared with a supplement like Harbingers of a New Age.
I started looking at what the companies with vegan dog food have to say:
- AMI says: "Our AMI food for dogs is excellent for puppies."
- Benevo says, in regard to serving size: "Puppies...require 2 to 3 times the adult amount."
- BiOpet has puppy kibble
- Nature's Recipe says, in regard to their dry vegetarian food: "If your young dog is still a puppy or less than 1 year of age, he should be on a puppy formula."
- VeganPet says: "The best time to begin your dog on a vegan diet is when he is a puppy"
- David Middlesworth, president of V-Dog, does not recommend his food for until a dog is 5 months old