Sunday, 07 August 2011 12:53
Beautifully Simple Gluten & Soy-Free Vegan Pizza
I recently bought a frozen gluten-free crust by Nature's Hilights from Whole Foods and decided to give it a try today. Unfortunately it is not organic, but it was the only pre-made option there (I'm going to make my own soon, which will also save on packaging). However, it only has 2 ingredients (brown rice and potato) and is pretty tasty - thin and crunchy.
I topped it with some simple ingredients, most of which were local or from the bulk bin. And the cheese was of course Daiya. I've reduced the amount of oil in my life, but I can make the occasional exception for Daiya. I also didn't want to use pre-made tomato sauce, so I just used fresh tomatoes.
- gluten-free crust (I used Nature's Hilights)
- organic, local tomatoes
- sun-dried tomatoes (from the bulk bin) - these need to be rehydrated before use
- Daiya mozzarella
- organic garlic
- organic oregano (I got mine from the bulk bin)
- salt & pepper
- (basil would be great on this, but I didn't have any)
- Heat oven to 500 degrees and put in crust for 5 minutes
- Reduce temperature of oven to 425
- Take crust out and top it with tomatoes, then sun-dried tomatoes, Daiya, crushed garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper
- Put pizza in over and heat for 8 - 10 minutes
- Take out, slice, and enjoy!