Courtesy of Local Green Circle
Vegan Poochy Biscuit Recipe
- 9 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups spring water
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
Mix dry ingredients. Add water. Knead into a pliable dough. Roll out to 1/8" thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350°F. TIP: After turning off oven, leave biscuits in the oven overnight or for an 8-hour period so they become hard and crunchy.
Courtesy of Serpico on It's a Vegan Dog's World.
- lentils mixed with rice/unsweetened soy milk/ or water,
- along with small amounts of a bunch of other stuff: flax meal/oil, nutritional yeast, wheat germ, steamed veggies.
- All of this is pre-made and frozen in huge batches and added to food everyday.
- fruit (cantaloupe, melon, apple, banana, pear, etc.)
- stems from Kale
- pretty much any other veggie so long as it's a little steamed
- carrots and avocados
- rice with some quinoa or millet, lentils and / or chickpeas and / or beans and / or tofu,
- variety of cooked vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, baby marrow, peas, asparagus etc, baked sweet potato and / or butternut, raw celery, carrot, broccoli, parsley, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds that I chop in the blender,
- a bit of tahini, organic alfalfa, barley and spirulina supplement,
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses per meal,
- teaspoon wheatgerm per meal
- dash of flaxseed oil per meal.
Courtesy of Veg Out With Us:
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 vegan Italian sausage links (Field Roast or Tofurky)
- 1 medium sized broccoli stalk, chopped into small pieces
- 1 large carrot, chopped into small pieces
- 2 small red potatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 2 T Tofutti sour cream
- 1 T Earth balance vegan margarine
- Chop up all the vegetables and place in a pot of water. Boil and then simmer until vegetables are tender. Drain & melt 1 T vegan margarine and 2 T sour cream over them (this is to add some fat and some flavor).
- Meanwhile, chop up the sausages into little bite sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cooked rice, the vegetables and the sausages. Feed Fido or refrigerate until dinner time! This makes 4 servings for my dog – I mix it in with his kibble though (about half and half).