Do you want to take your knowledge about your health, the vegan lifestyle and the environment to a whole new level? Are you looking to connect with more like-minded people? Reading books is one of the best things you can do. But where do you start and how do you hold yourself accountable for finishing each book? That's where this online club comes into your life.
Every month the EvG Book Club chooses a piece of non-fiction, spends a few weeks reading it, and then meets virtually via a Google+ Hangout to discuss the book. It's a wonderful way to learn more, hear different perspectives, and interact with a supportive community. At the end of each month you'll have a whole new understanding of the eco-vegan lifestyle, which will boost your confidence and health, both emotionally and physically.
Here's what you need to know:
- The book club is free for anyone to participate in, from any part of the world. The commitments asked of you are:
- Vote on this page once a month
- Check in on Google+ at least once a month
- Participate in the Google+ Hangout once a month
- The club is organized on Google+ and communication is sent out a few times a month via an email newsletter.
- Books are selected via vote - the options are released at the beginning of each month and after 48 hours the most popular choice wins.
- Once selected, you can get the book via Audible audio book, Amazon.com (printed or Kindle), your favorite bookstore, or local library.
- Receive a free audio book via Audible by clicking here
- It is suggested that you buy or borrow the book ASAP so you have plenty of time to read it by the end of the month.
- Throughout the month members are encouraged to share quotes, thoughts and questions on the Google+ community page.
- At the end of each month, a Google+ Hangout will be scheduled to discuss the book via audio, video and/or text chat
Ready to join?
Click below to complete these two steps:
|Join the Google+ Community||Sign up for the Book Club Newsletter|
February's Book Choice:
This book is available Amazon (printed or Kindle*). It may also be available in your local bookstore or library, though it was just released in December 2014.
*Kindle books can be viewed on Apple device using the free app.