While I loved both of them, my favorite of the two is the minestrone, so much so that I made it the next day, twice! I found that it's even better when fresh oregano is used, unlike how I made it in the video. Enjoy and let me know when you try the recipes!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 jalaperto pepper, diced (optional)
- In a food processor fitted with the grating blade, grate the cauliflower.
- Mix in the remainder of the ingredients by hand.
Serving: 1 (1 pint)
- 1 cup tomato, diced (about 1 whole)
- 1 cup celery, dice (about 2 ribs/stalks)
- 1 tablespoon miso (use chickpea for soy-free option)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano (or 1/4 teaspoon dry)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1/2 - 1 cup filter water (as desired)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
Note from Ani: recipe will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge when stored in a tightly sealed container, ideally glass.