I usually don't eat a ton of tomatoes or onions but I was really craving salsa today, so I put together this dish, adapted from a recipe I found on Gluten-Free Goddess. It was very satisfying, filling, and full of protein.
- 1 cup organic quinoa cooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh organic lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped organic cilantro
- 1 half small organic red onion, diced fine
- 1 small organic tomato, chopped
- splash organic rice vinegar
- 1 handful fresh organic mixed greens
- salt & pepper - to taste
- optional - slices of organic avocado
- In a bowl, add in the fresh chopped cilantro, diced red onion, chopped tomato, lemon/lime, a splash rice vinegar, and salt & pepper to taste. Stir well. Taste test for seasoning adjustments.
- Toss in mixed greens
- Spoon the quinoa into your bowl(s) and top with the tomato salad.
- Add the avocado on top of you're using it