Curious about giving veganism a try? Ever wondered, "Why Vegan?" or "How To Be A Vegan?" Looking for some tips and tricks? You've come to the right place! These posts cover all the basics, offering up vital information on the plant-based diet.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
It's been several years since I've been to Disneyland, so when a friend asked me about vegan options there I couldn't remember. I turned to my Twitter community for answers, and thought I'd compile them all here for your reference. : )
- Disneyland notes on their FAQ page: "Special dietary needs — including vegetarian and medically restricted diets — can often be accommodated at select table-service restaurants. Please request special meals at least 24 hours in advance at (714) 781-DINE (3463)"
- Chow Vegan's post on Vegan Dining at Disneyland
- To Live and Eat in LA's post on vegan gumbo at Royal Street Veranda
- @Jacquiejane said: "Blue Bayou & Cafe Orleans - need to make reservations" "most restaurants have vegan gumbo, or veggie burgers on vegan buns"
- @SaraMurphy said: "I had veg chili (I asked for no cheese to make vegan) in breadbowl in DLand this July. Near 'critter country'."
- @HealthyVoyager said: "there is, the portobello "steak" on cous cous. It's just a'ight and overpriced, but a vegan option nonetheless" "there is also a veggie po' boy across from Pirates at some New Orleans delio"
- @VeganAvenger said: "at Ca. Adventure there's yummy tofu curry dish @ chinese place!"
- @Monagrayson said: "There is a Mexican place in Disneyland that can cater to vegans"
- Discussion at Post Punk Kitchen: gumbo (some say it has butter in it), burritos, chili, veggie burgers, and fruit