Displaying items by tag: celebrity
Exciting announcement! I've joined the fabulous ecorazzi team as the host of their new video series "Good Gossip"!! Ecorazzi has been one of my favorite eco sites for a while and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. Tune in every Wednesday morning for the entertainment news style show, where you'll hear about the latest celebrity do-gooder(s) and green going-ons, in 3 minutes or less.
Check out the first episode, in which I talk about the cool things happening with Ryan Gosling, Betty White, Michelle Obama, and some exciting eco news! And if you don't care about any of that, tune in just to see me make a fool of myself. ; )
April 2011 was intense as far as vegan controversy goes:
- April 1st was the day most people found out about the CEO of Go Daddy killing elephants
- On April 11th the press announced that Natalie Portman stopped being vegan during her pregnancy
- April 14th was the day vegans expressed outrage over VegNews' use of animal products in their vegan magazine and website
- On other days I read articles disapproving of Kathy Freston and Tal Ronnen, and on Twitter I was asked to explain why I support Jamie Oliver when he uses meat and dairy on his show
- And just a few days before the month started I had some heavy conversations about vegans being offensive to non-vegans
I love Google Analytics. It's an amazing tool that shows website owners practically everything about the traffic coming to their site. And not in a creepy way, it's actually very useful. I'm always most fascinated with the ways people have discovered my site. Today I looked at the Top 50 keywords used to find my site and thought I'd put them in a post to help others find what they're looking for faster. If this is your first time here, Welcome to Eco-Vegan Gal!
Last night I attended yet another amazing green event: the launch of Hot, Rich & Green by Rebecca Harrell Tickell. As you may know, I assisted with the production of the book and it inspired me to turn my full attention to running this blog. Though the book has been out for a little while, this was the official media launch. In attendance were many of the women who shared their stories and advice on how to run green businesses.