- kabocha (1) or baby pan squash (2)
- coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- fresh sage - 1 tbsp
- fresh rosemary - 1 tbsp
- white truffle salt (or result salt) - to taste
- black pepper - to taste
- pomegranate - 1
- roasted chestnuts - 1/2 cup
- Way Better Snacks Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips - 1 bag
- Heat over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice squash into thin pieces (doesn't matter what size, but 1/2 inch works well). Layer in one or two baking dishes - avoid stacking on top of each other if possible
- Melt coconut oil then drizzle over squash
- Mince sage and rosemary then sprinkle over squash
- Add salt and pepper (eyeball it and go light - you can always add more later)
- Put in oven for 30-35 minutes (squash is fully cooked when you can put a fork through it and pull out clean)
- Seed pomegrantes - the "drowning method" is easiest and cleanest (watch video to see how this is done). Put seeds aside in a bowl
- Lay out chips onto plates in one layer
- When squash is done, place slices in high speed blender or food procesor along with chestnuts. Blend/process for about 30 seconds or until puréed.
- Spoon purée onto chips then top with pomegranate seeds
- Serve warm and prepare to be asked for the recipe if you share (no one will blame you for eating it all on your own)!
Please share your thoughts (and any modifications you make) in the comment section.