This green juice has been hitting the spot recently, so I've been making it almost every day. I love the refreshing, tart grapefruit combined with the spice of ginger and the bitterness of dandelion greens. The pear and cucumber balance out the juice with sweet, mellow flavors, and the spinach adds an extra nutritional punch.
Every once in a while I'm hit with a wave of sneezing, nose blowing and sinus inflammation, and it is extremely frustrating, especially when the neti pot doesn't help. When I last found myself in this miserable state I whipped up a beverage with some anti-inflammatory ingredients in hopes it would soothe my sinuses; and low and behold it did!
This sweet and spicy beverage can help reduce inflammation in many parts of the body, and can be enjoyed warm or cold.
Ingredients (use organic whenever possible):
- Turmeric - powder (1/2 Tbsp) or root (1 inch piece)
- Ginger root - 1 inch piece (or to taste)
- Cinnamon powder - 1/2 Tbsp (or to taste)
- Stevia - powder or drops, to taste*
- Water - 1 cup
* I used 4 drops of Omica vanilla stevia drops. If you don't like the taste of stevia, feel free to use a low glycemic sweetener, like coconut sugar, or none at all.
- Blend together.
- A high speed blender is not necessary but if you do not use one you will have to grate the turmeric and ginger roots before blending.