The Natural Products Expo is my favorite business event of all time. Each Spring and Fall I attend this massive trade show to find the latest and greatest products and mingle with industry insiders. Since this event isn't open to the public, I make it my mission to report on the best products, brands, news and people. This year I wrote an ebook packed with tips on how to make the most of the experience, and I re-joined the We.Blog editorial team for the third show in a row.
I'm honored to have been selected to be part of the We.Blog editorial team at Natural Products Expo West 2014! Along with 11 other content creators in the natural lifestyle industry, I'll be reporting on my all-time favorite event. Expo West is the world’s largest trade show and convention focused on the health and natural products industry, with more than 60,000 attendees and over 2,500 exhibitors across natural and specialty foods, organic, supplements, health and beauty, natural living and pet items.
Since this event is impossible to cover alone (I've tried and failed, 4 years in a row!), the organizers decided to launch the We.Blog Editorial Board as a pilot program. Here's what we'll be doing:
UPDATED: February 24, 2015 (originally written in 2013)
It's that time of year again - Natural Products Expo West starts on March 7th! This business trade show is an amazing place for professionals in the health field to meet eachother, discover new products and introduce others to them. Attendees are bombarded with free food all day long, namely energy bars, chocolate, sweet drinks and bagged snacks. Unfortunately this wonderful experience often leaves to upset stomaches due to weird food combinations and cravings for nutritious, sit-down meals. Though the area around the Anaheim Convention Center doesn't offer much in the way of healthy restaurants I've pulled together a list of places that offer whole plant-based meals, which will satisty both vegans and omnivores.
Friday, March 9, 2012 was officially Day 1 of Natural Products Expo West, though a lot happened on Thursday as well. Take a look at what I discovered in my second video from the show, featuring:
- Green Girl Next Door (blogger)
- Coco Polo (stevia sweetened chocolate)
- One Degree Foods (breads with full ingredient disclosure)
- Food for Lovers (vegan queso and mayo)
- Green Foods (green powders and vegan protein powders)
- So Delicious (practically everything dairy-free)
- Nature's Path (organic passion and delicious cereals and snacks)
- Ashley Koff (incredible nutritionist)
- Qrunch burgers (quinoa veggie burgers)
- Vegucated (vegan documentary)
- Healthy Voyager (blogger and author)
- Vegan Cuts (vegan daily deal site)
- Happy Cow (vegan restaurant site)
- Living Eco (eco-vegan shopping and interviews)
- Fair Trade USA
- AlterEco (quinoa chocolate)