The vibe there was so wonderful and inspirational. I spent most of my time listening to speakers, but did a little shopping - I might go back tomorrow to buy more. If you're in the area you must go!
I'm putting together a video and will be writing a piece on my experience, but here's a quick overview.
- My day started with Josh Tickell's talk on oil. I can't wait to see his film "Fuel"
- I grabbed lunch at O! Burger, which I've been meaning to try for a while - delicious!
- Had the pleasure of listening to Arianna Huffington, who is an amazing, intelligent woman.
- Fell even more in love with TOMS while listening to Blake Mycoskie talk about the company - can't wait to get my Wrap Boots for Christmas!
- Gained greater appreciation for Urth Caffe while listening to Shallom Berkman describe the process. They passed out free samples!
- Watched Scott Badenoch in awe - he had some excellant things to say about social green media, and the process of going green. I can't wait to check out Creative Citizen.
- Laughed along with the audience during Waylon Lewis' talk and interviews of Rainbeau Mars, Malika Chopra, Max Simon, and Seane Corn.
- Spent the last 30 minutes checking out the vendors and buying some gifts.
- Enjoyed the after party at Wokcano for about 2 hours. Met some nice people. Enjoyed the completely vegetarian hor d'oeurves and vegan/organic wine by Frey.
There were 150 vendor booths at the festival, so it was overwhelming. Here are some of my favorites: