Since you're reading this article I think it's safe to assume you're frequently on the hunt for ways to improve your health and overall wellness, and if you're here now you're probably seeking advice on how to renew and rejuvenate yourself in the new year. It feels a little cliche to be writing on this topic, but at the same time I always welcome the opportunity to reflect on how we can all "be better". The truth is, we can do this year round but even when there's a goal in mind so many aspects of life can prevent us from achieving it, so the excitment of starting a new year is a strong reminder that we have it within us to make changes of any size.
It's also important to remind ourselves that change always begins within - if we want to lose weight or just choose to eat better foods, we have to be emotionally ready for it. If we want to have time to exercise more often, we have to realize that we always have plenty of time, it's just a matter of making it a priority no matter what our schedules are like. If we want to be more successful, we have to truly believe that we deserve it and we're capable of achieving success no matter how far off it seems. One of my favorite things to do is to make a visualization board, which I expand upon in this article.
Today on Facebook I asked the EvG community what intentions they've set for themselves and I received some inspirational responses:
- Try/ prepare/ become familiar with AT LEAST one new fruit AND vegetable a month!
- I will eat more fruits and veggies. Do more cardio and yoga.
- I am hoping to get my 200 hr yoga certification. It's something I've always wanted its starts in two weeks. I just have to find the money. Why is money always the hurdle.?
- To be a full on vegan, contribute to spreading the word about its greatness, but most of all being a better person and an amazing human being!
- Fully raw! Been close for a while and feeling great... Ready to go all the way!
- To go salt, oil and sugar free!
- Giving up processed sugar.
- Spend more time doing outdoorsy type things
- Starting growing my own food!!!
- To speak up more and be more environmentally conscience. Because I'm not happy with where I am in my life and I am passionate about taking care of the earth and my body and not settling for mainstream just because it what is "normal".
- Get over a general feeling of unworthiness. It's poison for your soul
- To live happy!!!
Disclosure: This post was sponsered by Way Better Snacks, who compensates me as an ambassador. My opinions are my own, and I have not been paid to post positive content.