Let's face it, even though being vegan and eco-friendly encompasses your entire life, you're most interested in the food. But finding and making delicious healthy, compassionate and ethical meals can be challenging, especially if you're brand new to this way of living. Eco-Vegan Gal is here to help you navigate the water, sharing her favorite finds and best resources in the following sections.
April 2011 was intense as far as vegan controversy goes:
- April 1st was the day most people found out about the CEO of Go Daddy killing elephants
- On April 11th the press announced that Natalie Portman stopped being vegan during her pregnancy
- April 14th was the day vegans expressed outrage over VegNews' use of animal products in their vegan magazine and website
- On other days I read articles disapproving of Kathy Freston and Tal Ronnen, and on Twitter I was asked to explain why I support Jamie Oliver when he uses meat and dairy on his show
- And just a few days before the month started I had some heavy conversations about vegans being offensive to non-vegans