Friday, 05 August 2011 02:02
Chopped Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
This salad can go in so many directions, depending on what you have on hand. It can be saltier, spicier, crunchier, and tarter - really up to what you're craving.
- avocado - 1
- water - 1 cup
- lemon - 2 tbsp
- apple cider vinegar - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp
- dulse flakes - 1 tsp
- cayenne pepper - 1/2 tsp (or more if you like it spicier)
- romain lettuce
- sunflower seeds
- hemp seeds
- nutritional yeast
- optional: capers
- optional: dulse - flakes and/or stripes
- Blend dressing ingredients together
- Put together salad, working from top of ingredient list and ending with the last ingredients on top - use as much of each item as you like.
- If you want it to be saltier, add extra olives, capers, and/or dulse.
- If you want it to be creamier, use less water
- If you want it to be tarter, add more lemon and/or apple cider vinegar