Sunday, 28 August 2011 23:34
Mint Chocolate Coconut Tapioca Pudding
I've been trying to perfect chia seed pudding and have fallen flat so many times...until recently. I was inspired by my friend Vanessa's recipe on The Green Girl Next Door, and with a few little adjustments to fit my diet and palate I came up with something insanely heavenly! As Vanessa mentions in her post, chia seed is not just a great thickener, it's also very nutritious and contains: omega-3 fatty acids, protein, antioxidants, fiber, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, molybdenum, niacin, and zinc.
- water - 1 cup
- cashew* or almond butter - 1 tbsp
- cacao powder - 1 tbsp
- cacao nibs - 1 tbsp
- unsweetened coconut flakes* - 1 tbsp
- coconut butter* - 1 tsp
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp
- stevia** - 1/4 tsp
- optional: maca powder - 1 tsp
- spearmint leaves - 4-10 leaves
- chia seeds - 1/4 cup
*Coconut & cashew may need to be omitted if you're on an anti-candida diet (depending on what stage you're on). You can also sub out the cacao for carob if need be.
** If you want to do it entirely raw, aren't on the anti-candida diet and/or don't like stevia you can use dates like Vanessa does in her recipe.
- Blend everything except the chia seeds
- Mix in the chia seeds
- Put in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes (or more to make it thicker)
- Take out and stir
- Top with coconut flakes, cacao nibs & a mint leaf
- Try not to eat it all day long (chia seeds are very cleansing...if you know what I mean!)