This post was inspired by a tweet from Wilfred star Fiona Gubelmann, who was looking for vegetarian options around the Gas Lamp area of San Diego while there for Comic Con. I've only been to San Diego once years ago so I reached out to the EvG social media community and they had these great suggestions:
1. Evolution Fast Food (2949 5th Ave - 2.5 miles from the Convention Center) ~ top recommendation
2. Pokez Mexican (947 E St - 1.2 miles away) ~
3. Yard House (1023 4th Ave - .7 miles away) ~ lots of options with Gardein
4. Masala Spices of India (314 K Street - .4 miles away)
5. Tao (3332 Adams Ave - 7.5 miles away) ~ highly rated restaurant so might be worth the drive!
6. Lotus Cafe and Juice Bar (3955 5th Ave - 3 miles away)
7. Peace Pies (4230 Voltaire Street - 7.5 miles away) ~ raw, vegan, organic, and gluten free!
View Veg Options Near Comic Con (Gas Lamp area of San Diego) in a larger map
Hungry for more? Check out Happy Cow's list