- Support your local library instead of buying books
- Unplug your cell charger from the wall when you're not using it
- Switch to electronic banking and online credit card payments
- Do full loads of laundry & set the washer to use cold water
- Share a magazine subscription with a friend
- Carry a reusable tote and just say "no" to paper or plastic
- Get a reusable water bottle or coffee mug
- Use non-toxic cleaner made from everyday household ingredients
- Car pool or use car shares
- Shop at Crossroads where you can get greener while saving or earning cash year round!
Green tips from Crossroads Trading Co.Written by Whitney Lauritsen
These days I buy most of my clothes from consignment shops. This is eco-friendly (reusing clothes others don't want) and inexpensive. One of my favorite places in L.A. is Crossroads Trading Co. They have multiple locations, but I usually go to the one in Santa Monica. Last weekend I found a really cute t-shirt (which you'll eventually see in one of my videos), and I've often found great dresses there too. You can also recycle clothes you don't like there, and either get cash back or credit towards a purchase at the shop - they're picky, so make sure the clothes are in-style, clean, and in good shape.